Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Dear Disney,

Would you kindly refrain from plastering your princesses on everything from fruit snacks to shoes. You and I both know that Sleeping Beauty does not make anything taste better, and Cinderella doesn't know anything about comfortable shoes (glass slippers, really?). However I know a certain three year old that believes she must have all things princess. She believes that her life would not be complete without the princess shoes, you know the not so cute but much more expensive ones.
Regards,
MJ

6 comments:

Margaret said...

Oh how I agree Maleina. I'm all for them in certain contexts, but seriously it is overkill.
Just yesterday I promised my 3 1/2 year old we could go get her a backpack. But I knew she'd chose a character one, so I went to Old Navy where there was no chance of a giant pink princess covered bag.

Maleina said...

Margaret you are smart! We of course ended up with a princess one.

[Morgan] said...

i feel this way with toy story and jonas.

:)!!!

Robyn said...

I swore I would NEVER buy character shoes for my kids. Lilly has Dora flip flops and princess tennis shoes. Yeah, I'm a sucker! At least Clark hasn't gotten into all the Disney/Nick Jr hype!

Maleina said...

I was the same way but I have succumb more times then I'd like to admit!

Tinaya said...

It sure is over kill on the princess stuff...Luckily I think Reese isn't so concerned about it now. But like Morgan...Wyatt is in love with anything Toy Story as well.