Thursday, August 4, 2011

Shop till someone drops

When I was young I loved going to the store. I enjoyed grocery shopping and making a million stops getting in and out of the car. Okay so maybe my memory is a little hazy, but I most definitely did not torture my mother at every corner, whining with every stop, making running errands the most torturous endever for her, did I? My kids are not errand runners. They hear the word and cover their ears screaming "nooooooooooo, not today!" So this morning as exahasted as I was became determined to get all of my earrands, (which included haircuts for two kids) done with one stop. So of to the dreaded Walmart we went. I have to say I dislike Walmart for a lot of reasons, but today I loved them as I not only got everything done, but done in an hour and a half without a single meltdown! Now that is an accomplishment in my book. Thank you Walmart for having so much at one stop, for once having everything I needed, and especially for opening up a few more check out lanes so we were not stuck at the dreaded check out forever!

5 comments:

Crystal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Crystal said...

I remember going on errands with your family when I would stay at your house and, no, it's not a hazy memory. It WAS a lot of fun! Why was it so fun? You need to ask her and share the secret here. I remember two specific stores we went to were Six Star and Fred Meyer! Seriously, I thought it was so much fun. hahaha. Well, as for Walmart, don't we all love/hate it?

Crystal said...

sorry: You need to ask your mom and share her secret here!

Maleina said...

Maybe we were just really good kids!

Amanda said...

My kids really don't like running errands either. They've taken to chanting in the car "This is taking too long" EVERYWHERE we go. It drives me nuts sometimes!