Monday, December 8, 2008

A new twist on an old favorite

I went to my first ever cookie exchange, YUM! I must admit cookies are one of my favorite things about Christmas. Someone had made homemade Oreo's with peppermint frosting! They have mint Oreo's right, how had I never thought of this myself? Needless to say these are in my cookie jar right now and the rate we are going they are not going to last long!

Peppermint Oreo's
1 box Chocolate cake mix
2 Eggs
3/4 cup Butter

Mix roll into balls and bake at 350 for about six to eight minutes.
Cool cookies sandwich with peppermint frosting.

Peppermint Frosting
vanilla frosting with a teaspoon of peppermint extract.
For a festive touch I marbled in a little red food coloring.

Today after lunch I gave my son one and he looks at it, looks up to me and says, "wait a minute this is two cookies," he was beeming when he realized they were both his.

8 comments:

Crystal said...

mmmmm...
I can hear myself getting fatter.
:)

Amanda said...

Those sound yummy! I'm going to my first ever cookie exchange this weekend, but I'm cheating and taking homemade candy instead... :)

Margaret said...

You know how I love homemade oreos. Yum!

[Morgan] said...

yum. I just someone make these on the food network, and now I see them on your blog... I may just have to give them a try tomorrow!

Robyn said...

YUM!! This is why I love the Christmas season! There are so many goodies to be eaten!

Josh and Tawnya Begay said...

yum yum,, I just might try the recipe out! I know Josh would be greatly thankful!

Nakki said...

Mmmmm....these are so a favorite! And pretty easy to make! Always a crowd pleaser :) Just try hard not to think too much about the ingredients! lol

candicetheresa said...

So cute!