Sunday, September 12, 2010

The little lady

She started her first year of preschool. I say first year because next year she will do it again. I was hesitant, her dad thought she was ready. I thought for sure she would cling to me. She was not as brave as her big brother, this was my little girl. I walked her in and braced myself for her tears. In my mind I saw myself peeling her off of my leg, hugging her, reassuring her I would be back. Immediately after we enter she gets lost in the scuffle of little kids and clinging parents. I felt out of place, she seemed right at home showing her teacher her Princess and the Frog backpack. Alas no big pealing her off me scene I feared, she hugged and a kissed me and excitedly waved goodbye. She came home thinking she was the stuff because she is a big girl and goes to school.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Parker was the same way. I totally expected to spend time getting him off me that first day and it didn't happen. Now, he asks that I drop him off on the sidewalk so he can go to the door by himself! They grow so fast!

Nava_jo said...

Oh man! Just to be nice she could of least shed a little tear. Or pretended she needed you. These kids now a days just grow up too fast.

candicetheresa said...

How did your kids get so big!?!? Don't tell me this day will come for me.

Josh and Tawnya Begay said...

hey it was so nice to see you guys again! Hope to see you guys again!!