Tuesday, September 28, 2010

My kids fight more then yours! So there!

Sibling rivalry, currently the ache in my head. Why oh why can't they just get along. Who started the I wish you were not part of my family business. I am tired of it, you guys love each other! Yes we are happy Jesus created your little sister. Yes your brother is your friend. No your sister is not weird, well maybe, but that makes her good not bad. Start your prayer over and this time bless your brother/sister (depends on who said the prayer). Say you're sorry and give her/him a hug. Now this time smile and screaming I'm sorry does not count.

Oh the bright side when they do get along they are the best of friends.

5 comments:

sarana said...

ugh!....between cleaning my house, i'm breaking up fights. while driving, i'm breaking up fights. will it ever end?....... i feel ya girl.

Crystal said...

lol. I swear, this is what makes some moms so saintly!

I've noticed that when my kids spend LESS time with each other, they don't get along as well. I know it's sounds backwards, but when they have separate play dates, they seem to treat each other worse afterward.

We have also found that playing as a family more often helps curb this a bit. Goofing off around eachother helps them to see that you really can be great friends with siblings.

Lastly, it's part of life. They're going to fight every once in a while.

:)
Good luck momma!

Amanda said...

Lately, all Clark and Parker want to do is "beat" each other to finishing... everything! It drives us NUTS!

We're looking forward to (hopefully) seeing you at Thanksgiving!

Maleina said...

Sarana- I know right! You are due soon right? Can't wait to see pictures!

Crys-We have seen the same. Especially when Caden plays with boys or has boys over, they make no girls allowed signs. It sometimes reminds me of when we used to talk in the bathtub so we could lock Nathan and Emma out.

Amanda were did they pick up the competition thing? My kids totally do it. And usally it is "whoever does this (whatever the person saying it is doing at the time) wins!" If we come down I promise we will stop by we are just not wanting to do a fourteen hour drive, but I think if everyone ends up down there we just might follow. I'll keep you posted.

Tinaya said...

sounds like we have the same issues at our house. I wish the fighting would end too, when you come up with a great way to make it stop please tell!