Thursday, June 23, 2011

My big annoncment

Everyday I feel like I need to blog because as much as I think I will be taking care of babies for the rest of my life they are growing up, I will forget. I'm not a journal keeper. I need to blog and turn this in to my record for posterity. We've been busy with tumble bus, dance camp, and a growing two year old with a growing vocabulary and very strong opinions. Yesterday the whole family went to my twenty week ultra sound appointment. We are having a healthy baby girl! Caden was hillarious the first thing he said was "it looks like a turtle!" He wanted a monkey, (he is currently obsessed with a video game called Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz. He wanted a brother so we could name him Monkey Ball, I informed him we would only use that name if it was a monkey.) Through the course of the ultra sound he saw an alien, a robot, even the galaxy! Complete with stars and the planets. Sophia of course beamed with the knowledge she is getting a little sister, I'm not sure she understood the images on the screen were actually her new sister. Luke just wanted his mom the whole time. He knew I was the one getting attention he likes to be where the attention is. It was one of those moments you want to etch in your brain forever, to see my four children together. There are no words, I will tell you there were tears though, the good ones.

7 comments:

Tinaya said...

Congrats! I am so excited for you! I had no idea you were expecting! I find out what I am having next week.

Lucy said...

Congratulations on having a girl! What fun!

Crystal said...

This is a beautiful post! Even if you don't have time to detail everything, this will be something your children will love to read about when they're older! I am SO happy for you! 2 girls and 2 boys!!!

[Morgan] said...

I recently had the first 2 years of my blog printed and bound into books. I am SO happy that I have continued to blog. I really don't keep a journal these days and scrapbooking got too expensive and time consuming for me like say, 6 years ago..... but blogging is so easy. Keep it up!

And congrats, again:)

Amanda said...

Congrats on having a little girl! I hope Daisy will get a sister someday. So, when are you due again? I forgot. :) Blogging is tough. I'm getting a lot worse than I used to be now that I've got 4 kids. So much going on, it's hard to remember to blog about it sometimes. It is nice to get updates from you once in a while though. Keep it going!

Kirstin said...

Another girl...I am so happy for you! Congratulations! Sophia must be so excited :)

Robyn said...

I'm so excited for you (and Sophia!) I love the name Caden had picked out...too bad it's not a monkey, though! I hope you are feeling good!