Monday, April 14, 2008

Sister for sale


My little guy is a very good big brother, but there are times when I think his sister may get on his nerves. He has taken to "saying prayers" which means when he feels like it he'll copy whatever the person praying is saying. The other night while my husband blessed the food he decided he'd like to "say" the prayer. So my husband immediately slows down so it is easier for him to follow. He throws in my sons name saying how thankful we are for him, son repeats, then my husband says "we are thankful for our little sister" nothing, my husband says it again, nothing. He then drops it and continues, sure enough my son picks right back up repeating to the end of the prayer. So while at the moment he did not feel the need to say it I still think he is thankful for his little sister.

5 comments:

Robyn said...

Didn't Mark Twain write in Tom Sawyer, "You can't pray a lie", or something like that? He's a cute little guy! Sometimes I wasn't thankful for my siblings either, but I guess deep down I always loved them.

Crystal said...

This is cute. M, you've got to print up these little moments and keep them in a book or something.
:)

Nakki said...

I'm pretty sure we've all had those little moments growing up!

N for Fila said...

Awww...how precious...deep inside we're sure he's thankful for her...LOL!

[Morgan] said...

That's awesome.