Thursday, April 24, 2008

Mommy Roller Coaster




I have been trying hard to give my son choices. So instead of taking toys away from him before bed I tell him, he has a choice to make he can give mommy the toy in exchange for some snuggle time, or he can kiss me goodnight and just keep the toy. Last night he picked the toy. I was crushed, snuggling with mom had come in second (a close second I might add he was tempted I could see it in his eyes). I felt so rejected, I mean was I second to a toy, really? I am a failure.
Then this morning when I gave him his vitamin he looks up at me and says "thank you mommy" I don't think I could have been any prouder. To make my head just a little extra large he has kept it up all day and has thanked me for everything I have done for him without even so much as a look from me prompting him to do so. I am a success!
Oh how fast lows turn to highs, I am just riding the mommy roller coaster.

6 comments:

Life with the Warrens said...

sounds like a very fun ride...NOT! i think am in the car behind you!

Crystal said...

I love the excessive use of "please and thank yous" stage.
:)

happyv said...

sounds like fun and joy, nevertheless. :)

N for Fila said...

Awww..that's awesome, what a wonderful moment for you...and I'm pretty sure if he could have had the toy and the snuggle he would have taken it! And thank you for sharing this sweet story. :)

N for Fila said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Veeda said...

he is sweet.