Sunday, January 17, 2010

A real conversation


Me to daughter: "Can you please come and put your PJ's on."
Daughter: completely ignores me.
Me again: "Um, can you please come and get ready for for bed?" in a slightly irritated tone.
Daughter: singing to her doll, completely oblivious of me.
Me now yelling: "Get over here right now and get ready for bed!"
Daughter looks up shocked: "Please stop yelling at me." in the calmest sweetest voice ever.
Me, realizing I should not have yelled: "Well, you were just not listening to me. I needed to get your attention."
Daughter: "Oh, I wasn't listening?" looking way to innocent, and in same sweet tone, "I'm sorry momma, I'll get ready for bed."

3 comments:

Tinaya said...

sounds like you are having the same situations I'm having at my house.

Robyn said...

That made my day!

BENVANA said...

Your daughter is so beautiful! Oh, and sassy like her momma!