Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Cute as a button


My mom has been telling me I need to make these buttons. I think they are called buttons because the first person to make them said; "these things are cute as a button!"
As my son calls them "buttons you can eat!"

What you need:
Square pretzels
Hershey kisses
Peanut butter M&M's

How it's done:
Preheat oven to 200
place pretzels on a cookie sheet. Top each with a kiss (Most time consuming part, does anyone know why they do not sell unwrapped kisses?) Put in oven for about 5 minutes, just until the kiss is soft enough to press an M&M in it. Press one M&M in each.
Fun and easy for the kids to make. Pressing the M&M's in was a little tricky for them but we had fun.
Enjoy!


7 comments:

Crystal said...

These are SO cute as a button. I'm definitely going to do these. Much less labor intensive as "real" cookies, but probably every bit as yummy.
:)

sarana said...

those are my favorite treats ever! i love sweet/salty stuff. never tried it with pb m&m's but will definitely do it next time. you should try using hershey hugs - divine!

Robyn said...

Instead of Kisses, I use Rolos...heaven!

Maleina said...

Yum hugs or rolo's! Guess that means we have to make these again!

Margaret said...

I have never seen these. I'm going to make them, with rolos and kisses! Delish.

N for Fila said...

These are very cute, I think I will have to make these with my niece and nephew, they will definitely like them.

Nava_jo said...

Oh man! Dang, this Gestational Diabetes! I want to try them with Hugs, Kisses and rolos! I guess i"ll have to wait until the baby is born. :)