Thursday, September 20, 2007

My children

Just had to brag a little about the kiddos. Today the princess after weeks of training finally turned herself around to come down the stairs! So instead of diving head first she thudded down and landed on her bumper. I jumped of the couch clapping and she grinned huge and proud for mom. She has become quite the gloater. Like she will be standing holding on to something, then she will let go and hold on with one hand, then very slowly release the other after which she falls to the floor but not without a champion smile for her very proud parents who cheer every accomplishment even if it is standing unassisted for a spilt second. My little guy is into counting,(his favorite number is two . In fact he loves to find things in pairs and say "see two!"), circles (his favorite shape), and mimicking. He will copy EVERYTHING his dad says. He picks and chooses through my words but daddy's words are repeated every time. He is quite the daddy's boy. In fact he sometimes comes to our room in the middle of the night and the other night my husband and I switched places. When he came running in he was not happy to see me. He cried out "daddy, daddy!" then he raced around to the other side of the bed were my husband scooped him up and he fell right to sleep. I have to admit even at two in the morning I was kinda of sad that he didn't need me.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Thanks for the update. So cute, those kids.
I totally understand that feeling of "they don't need me anymore?"
Believe it or not, it's not that bad :)