Thursday, September 20, 2007

a step in the right direction

I don't know if it is experience, or age, but I find myself becoming a more, how should I say this, sane person. Not to say I don't still have a LONG way to go but in general I am a happier calmer person these days. Maybe it the house, or the fact that my nine month old finally sleeps through the night! Last night I had a bunch of girl friends over, just a casual thing, a group of us get together once a month. I had known for awhile that I was hosting this month and I did not stress out. The old me would have stressed for weeks about it, been a nervous wreak the day of the party, and then I would have stressed about it all night after everyone had gone home wondering if it had been good enough. Sound a little cynical? It is and I hated it! I hated stressing out so much over little things. I don't have a secret or know a cure for this (stressing out that is believe me if I did I would bottle it and market it!) It just happened. In fact I had made a list of things I wanted done before the party and not even half of the list was done and I was able to say oh well. For anyone who knows me this was no minor feat! So I had a party it was a success, and now I feel a little more grown up. How about that.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

I'm glad you posted this. I've noticed that I'm way more laid back as a result of my children...well that and my exTREMEly calm husband.
It's good that you're making time for a little socializing.
Keeps the insanity under control.

Maleina said...

yeah I think the husband factor definetly helps! He NEVER stresses! It used to drive me crazy now I think it is just rubbing off. DOn't kids just put a whole new perspective on life!