Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Inspiration

I was looking for a pumpkin chocolate chip bread recipe and I found this blog. I was inspired. I was reading her blog thinking wow this is really good, I cried, I called my husband and told him I loved him, I hugged my children a little longer then normal, I truly took the time to appreciate the blessing it is that I stay at home with my children. I was moved by this woman's strength, her courage, and her ability to overcome life's challenges. I also was touched by her faith and I was grateful that I to know that I am a daughter of a loving and forgiving Father in Haven. I really enjoyed her I am... essay, so much so that I wanted to steal the idea and write one of my own! Instead I am starting reflections. So if anyone wants to join please do! I will pose a question to reflect on and then write my thoughts. I'd love to see others thoughts on the matter! Being that my time is limited I do not have this together yet BUT I will by the end of the week so please check back because I would love to hear your reflections! Until then here is the first question:

what inspires you?

I am always moved by good writing whether it is a good book, or a strangers blog. I love to see emotion or ideas expressed in writing in a way that makes them become tangible. I am inspired by music and the way it can set a mood. I am inspired by smells that take me to places I miss, or remind me of people who made a difference to me. I am inspired by people who stand up for what they believe in even if because of it they are shunned.

1 comment:

An Ordinary Mom said...

I am so glad I was able to lend you some inspiration! It makes me feel better about feeding my blogging addiction :) !!

Take care and have a happy day ... thanks for making my day with all the kind words you wrote!