Friday, October 19, 2007

Check it out

So my little boy loves the computer. However he thinks that anytime mommy is on the computer that I should be playing zuma. Now this is my fault because I knew it was something that would keep him and myself entertained so I would ask him if he wanted mommy to play zuma. Well I mentioned this to my friend and she suggested starfall! We tried it yesterday and what an awesome site! Anyone with toddlers should know about this site. He totally was interacting with the site like I had not seen him do with anything else before. Also I learned that he already understands how to use plural nouns. He saw a picture of an apple and said apple. Then when there was a picture of lots of apples he said apples. I also became inspired by the site and want to start teaching him letters by doing things like the letter of the week and doing different things with the letter. He is still a bit young but I think we can have fun with it anyway. So if anyone else has ideas or other sites to check out let me know! Thanks mammajam for always having such great insights to motherhood!

1 comment:

Crystal said...

One helpful place for structuring your little lessons is www.letteroftheweek.com
It doesn't take long to learn the letters themselves, from that point on, it's fun to dedicate some time to each letter, like you mentioned...
But don't worry if your plan doesn't go...well...as planned.
Kids need to enjoy learning and you can easily incorporate your lessons throughout each day
(ie: count the birds in the sky, what are they called, what letter does their name start with, what sound does that letter make, sing a little rhyming song about birds, ets.)