Friday, October 19, 2007

my transformation to a germ-a-phobe

So previously I mentioned how I was not much of a germ a phobe and often forgot to do things like wipe down shopping carts and use hand sanitizer after playing at the park. That was before my kids started getting sick constantly. Maybe it was because I wrote how they always were so healthy despite my forgetfulness. Well after yet another bout of diarrhea I decided enough was enough, I declared war on all grems. I did already do some things, like I always wash their trays and let them air dry after meals, I use Clorox wipes on everything, and I wash my hands after changing every diaper. To step it up a notch I am using this nifty contraption to keep my hand sanitizer outside the diaper bag. This way I see it and am more apt to use it. I also plan on telling Caden to help remind mommy to wash his hands after playing outside. I think his two year old memory might do a little better then mine. I will try and remember to clean the carts but I think it is more important that the hands get cleaned after. Another thing I plan on doing this winter is cracking a window open every now and again. Yes it is cold up here at the mouth of the canyon but fresh air seems to make everyone feel a little better. I also got a Clorox mop and I will make a more concerted effort to use it every night. It really is quick and easy. And my last strategy is to Clorox wipe door knobs and toys when someone in the family is sick.
If anyone else has anymore strategies for the war on germs please let me know. Here is to a healthy flu season for everyone!

4 comments:

Crystal said...

soap and water!
Also, be very careful with the sanitizer. Kids have died from drinking that stuff, and for some reason my kid still put everything in her mouth.
And I say, leave some germs around.
Good for the immune system
;)

Maleina said...

thanks! On top of everything we now are now dealing with an eye infection! I have been washing hands like crazy EVERYONES! I also have been putting breast milk in his eye something I heard once I;ll let you know if it works.

Robyn said...

My best advise is to keep them out of nursery! (Not really, it just seems that Lilly comes home with something every other week.) We have a really young ward with tons of kids and tons of illnesses being passed around!! Who knew church could be such a health hazzard?

Crystal said...

psst. "tag"..again, I think