Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Names

As soon as we found out we were having a girl we started tossing around girls names. My husband really liked the name Olivia. I liked it but, Olivia, it just sounded way to popular. We already gave our son a popular name I argued, lets try to get original. Unfortunately a lot of people are just as original as we are. When we decided on her name we knew it was top ten, but it was bottom top ten, not a big deal. Or was it? This morning I got an email from Baby Center and they have the new top one hundred baby names of 2007. Right there in all her number one glory was the beautiful name Sophia.

7 comments:

Crystal said...

I think you picked the perfect names for your kids. Choosing a name really is so hard though. Especially if you want non-English speaking relatives to be able to say it. Oh, and then there's that whole expectation of naming your children after various family members.
I really just wanted to call mine "thing 1" and "thing 2" because I was so stressed out about naming them. In the end, I just handed that job over to my husband.

Amanda said...

That is too funny! At least there's not two kids with the same name and birthday at your doctor's office. I got a call about Parker's next appointment today for Thursday, but he went yesterday!

Tinaya said...

I'm glad you commented on our blog. This is a great way for us to keep in touch. You kids are so adorable and getting so big!!!

Nakki said...

That is why Vileena went by "Baby Begay" for the 1st 3 months of her life. I also left the hospital nameless :)

[Morgan] said...

Oh Man! It doesn't matter what name you pick. But, I understand, names are a big deal. I actually got the same email and even posted it. Don't worry, when I hear the name Sophia I always think of your little angel.

Robyn said...

I had Lilly's name picked out for several years before she came...before it became popular again! I went ahead and used it, because it was the ONLY girl name that we could both agree on, plus she's named after her great grandma.

I think she's a perfect Sophia!

happyv said...

so her name moved up to the #1 spot, eh? funny how that goes!

@crystal : lol, your kids will probably hold a mean grudge against you if you stuck with "thing 1" and "thing 2"! your hubby did a good job with the naming. :D