Saturday, November 24, 2007

A day of thanks

So it is two days after Thanksgiving but I feel like I need to post about the day. My husband was telling me he thinks that Thanksgiving in the most overrated holiday.
"What? Overrated?" I gasp in horror.
How could anyone think this of Thanksgiving?
"Are you not Thankful?" I ask him.
"Of course I am." He tells me, "But shouldn't we be thankful everyday?"
"Well yes, but you love your mom everyday but we have Mother's day once a year to." I say to Thanksgiving's defence.
"Yes," he says, "but the whole purpose of Thanksgiving is to over stuff yourself watch football and then stuff yourself some more."
Okay so he does have a point, BUT I love Thanksgiving and not because of the food. To me it is all about family. The day were you get together with family and friends to spend good quality time together. It was time for vacation when I was a student. It was time my dad did not have to go to work, and now time my husband stays home. Who does not love a four day weekend? This year I have so much to be thankful for, and yes I would still be thankful even without a day set aside to give thanks. But I am thankful for Thanksgiving and this wonderful weekend we've had at home as a family.

No comments: