Sunday, March 9, 2008

Springing Forward

I am not a fan of daylight savings time. It is way past my bed time but my body is not tired. I am however trying to be a more positive person, so instead of posting all the reasons I do not like daylight savings, I am going to post things I like despite the fact that I lost an hour.
I do like that. . .
1. It is still light out when my husband comes home.
2. We can go on family evening walks, with all the extra light.
3. There is a chance that I will not have to race for a treadmill at the gym tomorrow morning because everyone wanted to sleep in an extra hour (hopefully I don't fall in the take an extra hour of sleep category)
4.I will be conserving energy because I will not have to turn the lights on at 6PM (but doesn't the fact that I will have to leave them on an hour later in the morning now cancel that out?)

6 comments:

Crystal said...

I'm having the late night issue right now too.I also committed myself to run in the (dark) morning. If only I had a gym membership.
:)

Nakki said...

Good for you. RUNNERS PARA VIDA! I will go after my softball game tonight...I hate running @ the gym. I'd rather go outside. Plus is been BEAUTIFUL lately.

Maleina said...

i prefer the outdoors as well, but I can't run outside and my walking buddy is out of town :( I also fell into the sleep an extra hour category this morning...oops. I'll go tonight, maybe.

happyv said...

i don't even feel the difference off DS changes. i think it's because my brain is so used to looking at my clocks and just automatically believing what the clock tells me.

[Morgan] said...

I'm with you I hate Daylight savings... except when I gain an hour! ha ha. I always have trouble falling asleep and adjusting! I envy your positive attitude!

Veeda said...

will you send me your e-mail address?
veedaloca@gmail.com